It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2013-02-05

Follow me


You like being tracked online everywhere you go and everything you buy? Me either. If you hate that, get ready to be tracked all over your walking around life. Oh, I mean reality.  It is happening. Cameras hooked to computers that have face recognition are tracking you around stores. The phone companies are beginning stores to buy your travel data and hook it in to when you hit their parking lot. All is well. Do not pay attention to the man behind the curtain.

I don’t have any money. Unless they are selling dental work or doctor’s appointments at cheaper than my doctor's office, I’m not sure they will sell me. It would be nice if this sort of thing helped me find products that matter to me at competition. The companies that pay for this kind of thing do their best to prevent the idea of competition. The idea of competition is kind of backwards because only the highest payer gets the eyeballs. If the tracking bought me the top five or even some free  options, this whole following me around thing would seem a lot less creepy.

Who is paying attention to all this data? There was recently a video about the bazillion pixel camera mounted on planes that keep constant surveillance over an area for days at a time. This allows the people doing the watching to go back in time and follow people who do something backwards in time to find out where they came from and possible who else might be involved in whatever is going on. The powers that be have already complained about the amount of data pouring in.

No comments: