It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2013-02-20

Day to day notes

I have some video ideas bouncing around in my head. They are at the top of my daily notes file. I use Google Drive to keep track of my life. The blog entries end up there first well before publishing. I never carried ideas forward until just recently. I’ve had two video ideas that I’ve been let slow boil now for over a week. It is a good thing. They are not the kind of vlog that is linked to a specific news entry or happening event. They are pretty generic. I’m just letting the ideas shake out for a bit before pulling the trigger.

Something I’ve learned about Google Drive the copy and paste functionality blows. When moving tables from one document  to another, the cell sizes get jacked. Same happens to the line spacing of bulleted lists. It is annoying, but not a show stopper. These kinds of bugs will never get fixed in Google Drive. I can work around this by opening yesterday’s entry and saving a copy. They do not want to deal with the editors. Google wants to abandon the office suite business.

Don’t get me wrong, I use Google Drive every day. It has become indispensable. I recently blogged about using the phone app even though my phone is not robust enough to handle big apps like that. It works and works pretty darn well. Just today, I should have stopped in my tracks and left myself a message or something containing a video idea. I didn’t and now I have lost the idea. I only remember having the idea and thinking I should write it down. I’m like that.

At some point I need to come up with a way to have private notes as well as public ones. I’ve tried to use separate documents, but apparently, having two documents open all day in Google Drive is beyond my ability to endure. If I put things in the same document, I fear that private will become public through failure to read before publishing. Tell me I’m wrong.

A while back Dr Karl said he tried to keep track of his dreams. he left a pen and paper next to the bed and when he woke up in the middle of the night after a dream, he trained himself to lean over and write down something about his dreams. All he ever got on the pads of paper were “Write it down.” over and over. That was what he trained himself to do. I believe sometimes that this was a message to himself. Dr Karl writes books, dozens of them, where he talks about cool things. I think that is the secret, at least for him. “Write it down.”

No comments: