It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2012-12-06

Notes

last night someone was at the end of my block at Westheimer with blinking lights blocking traffic. It looked like it might have been some kind of off duty cop or possibly a security person. They were blocking the intersection because a tow truck was picking up a vehicle from the middle of the street. Someone got in a wreck in the entrance to the parking lot of the bar across the street. I scoffed and went back to bed. Big excitement, not. Didn’t even feel like switching on the video camera.

I need a set of wireless headphones for work. They cost too much. I need to find a pair of headphones that I can move around in and that I can still hear the world around me while using. That is a tall order.

The Iran nuclear crisis has been described as the Cuban missile crisis in slow motion. That is very apt in my book. It was coined by a guy who lived through the Cuban missile crisis. I heard this on NPR of course. They still had no real solutions. The president said something about consequences, but what are those consequences? No one is willing to say. I hear options like “war crime trials in The Hague” and other abstract like that.

The next story on NPR was all about the U. S. Chinese policy and how China looks east and sees a line of U. S. allies. Well, do the work. It takes centuries of good will and kicking ass to win allies.

I like the idea of having a calendar to help me remember things. There are two troubles. 1) I never put things in it to remember and 2) I never check it for things that  I did put in it. There some design flaws in having a calendar. With the advent of online calendars I find that I can send myself reminders. This kind of works. that is, the mechanism does work, but it kind of works for me. I tend to blow the reminders off. There is a flaw in the design of these things. They have no authority to smack me in the head until I do the thing they are reminding me to do.

Egypt and Syria have both cut the country off from the internet. In both cases it came back pretty quickly. Things like banks, insurance companies, well, everyone who does business started bitching instantly. Cutting off the internet doesn’t just cut off the people you want to shut up.

I may just start reading this notes section of my vlog into a video camera and just let the fur fly. I bet some of the things I say her would trigger conversation, aka shouting matches, if more people came in contact with it. YouTube is a great venue for such things. At some point it becomes work and I don’t want to do it anymore. Perhaps it won’t last. We shall find out. Stay tuned.

One of the ladies at my work brought in brownies. She had sent in a ticket to IT asking for help and I said something stupid like “I don’t know, we haven’t had brownies in a while.” So, she brought some in. I feel like a petty child after doing this. It was just a joke. Still, I ate a brownie. I’m still me.

My online calendars start on Monday. Work and home I prefer starting my week on Monday. All the print calendars start on Sunday. For some reason that bugs me. Monday is always going to suck so it might as well suck all the way.

At work, I use a Linux box. I would love to install VLC player and run across the internet like a gazelle. However, I have a specific list of software I can use. VLC happens to not be on the list. So, I use whatever I can. The Flash players on Shoutcast works fine in Firefox, but like crap in Chrome. I have no idea what the difference is. One would think it is the same Flash code running in both. I use Chrome for everything except a couple specific Flash media players. For that I still need Firefox. It cracks me up how many things still do not work in one browser vs the other.

The only Port wine I’ve ever had was nasty. Funny, most of the House wine I’ve had was pretty good.

I really need to just start randomly shooting more pictures. I remember the days when I would just whip out the camera and snap some pics of nothing. That is the beautiful thing about a digital camera. It costs more or less nothing to take a bunch of pictures once you pay for the camera and computer. Probably pay for both of those regardless of how many pics I take. Same with video.=

The hits on my videos is just one among many analytics that Google provides. One of the numbers is estimated number of minutes watched. This number encompases my entire channel of over 400 videos. In the last 30 days, I had 4500 minutes watched. That is 75 hours total. This kind of freaks me out. That is spread over thousands of people. Most of my videos have well less than a minute watched ,even if they are several minutes long. This means people stop watching the video very quickly. Still, That seems like a lot of hits and a lot of minutes watched.

Lots of notes today.

No comments: