It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2012-09-25

RRR

I listen to Triple R radio via audiocast quite a bit. They have shows about science and community stuff that are really awesome. It is sort of public radio. It is more like a bunch of people who do radio shows who are members of the public

That is one thing that seems lacking in U. S. public radio. That is, a sense of community. It does seem like Triple R has an agenda, but it is refreshing to have diverse agendas in public radio. U. S. public radio seems to adopt agendas and the whole year is devoted to shoving one message down people’s throats. it gets old.

There is something else they have that is lacking on U. S. TV entirely too much. It is sarcasm. “I haven’t seen any sugary cereals targeting kids in advertising.” Dripping with sarcasm.

Triple R has a show called Dirty Deeds that is about gardening. It showed up in the All Over the Shop audiocast feed that is about two blokes who bitch about the good old days for a couple hours every Sunday I think. I never miss All Over the Shop, not the gardening show. It just cracks me up.

No comments: