It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2012-09-25

Notes:


Youtube has a global translator. This should be interesting. It works on the captions. If I add captions this service/software will translate it for me. Apparently there is a community source element as well. I think that means that people can come along and translate it for you. Not sure how that is going to work out if people put up fake translations. How are you supposed to check if you have no idea how to read the language? What happens if the people who put up the video are out and out lying in translations? Hope it works out.

There is a very sensitive camera that takes a time lapse of every minute of your life. It doesn’t wait a length of time, but has some kind of motion sensor and a bunch of other sensors that give it some idea of when something interesting is going on. It can then wirelessly upload it to your phone or network. One more way to turn ourselves in to big brother. Google Glasses is supposed to do something similar.

One thing I’ve noticed on audiocasts lately is the people shoving a couple different podcasts in to the feed that they do not belong in. I listen to a couple shows from NPR. I’ve noticed occasionally, the a different NPR show turns up in the queue I listen to. I’ve noticed the same thing on RRR more than once. This could be a human error kind of thing or it could be a stealth way of advertising their other shows.

Set up a computer today with Red Hat 6.3. I managed to get the wifi up and running. That is kind of what we are after. Our Wifi has issues at work. I suppose all Wifi has issues. The electromagnetic spectrum has issues. You can’t see it and it knows it.

Today, one of my coworkers asked if that wa me standing in a parking lot talking to a camera. I had to say yes. No point in lying to the man. I only hope, that I was indeed shooting video rather than just talking to myself. There is less insanity involved in vlogging I’m sure. Hey, if I do it and want people to find the end result online, then I need to be prepared for people I know to see me do it.
Last Night

Last night I took a half dose of NyQuil. I was having trouble with a sinus headache. It hit me like a ton of bricks. I was out when my head hit the pillow. I woke up 2:00 or so and took a Zantac for my stomach. I had only eaten sandwiches and a few chips for dinner. I got up this morning and nearly fell back asleep sitting up watching the local news. I drug ass on the way in. My eyelids have been at half mast all day. What the hell was in that NyQuil?

I had a strange dream during all of this that I was attempting to go for the most bounces of a ball where the bounces end the with the ball back in your hand where you let go of it. For example, when you throw a ball at a wall and it bounces off the wall and then the ground back to the same place where you let go of it. I was working on 14 bounces, but was struggling to though the ball hard enough with control. I got so excited at the prospect of achieving the record that I woke up before I did it. Can’t win for waking up.

No comments: