It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2012-09-22

Notes:

2012-09-20
Had another shot at videoing the space shuttle passing by my office today. Missed it because our web server was down and needed attention. Drag. Not many opportunities of this kind left. A friend of Nat’s went out and snapped some pictures of the 747 and shuttle on the ground. Came out nice. One of the guys at my office ran over to the parking garage and shot a bunch of pictures. I’m thinking of stringing them together in to a video for no good reason.

I listened to an audiocast where a couple scientists were trying to explain entanglement. The end result was basically that quantum entanglement still keeps very smart people up at night pulling at their hair. I want to know if anyone has hooked one of these situations up to a set of walkie talkies or texting pagers or a button and a light on each end and tested it all over the world? Why not? Is it classified?

I like well done interviews with fictional characters. I particularly like tongue in cheek skits. One of the audiocasts I listen to had a show that contained an interview with the Incredible Hulk. “Joss Whedon fart Febreze!” was one of the quotes from the big green guy.

2012-09-21
“The most important demographic this year [in the presidential election] is race and ethnicity.” -NPR interview of some guy who does a bunch of those polls you hear about in the news. This makes me ill. I don’t care if it is true, it makes me want to be sick. I don’t have to like it. I do want to understand it. I do question it, because I don’t want to believe it.

It increases people’s happiness to move from a high poverty neighborhood to a low poverty neighborhood. Rates of obesity, and thus diabetes drop when people move. The social groups say it would be better to move families than give them money. -NPR.

“I Love Lucy” Still makes the parent company $20,000,000 a year. -NPR

That dinner where Romney said all that 47% stuff at was $50,000 a plate. -NPR Always consider your audience doesn’t work any more. You are always speaking to everyone. People have mobile phones with video cameras. One of the polls said something like 80% of people think they pay income tax. One of the fallacies that keeps showing back up over and over is that a tax cut is like giving money to the rich. Well, if you are broke, only people more rich than you pay taxes. I’m in the horrible position of being broke and I pay taxes.

I listen to too much NPR.

One of the Audiocasts I listen too is movie reviews from the UK. They constantly fight the idea of giving out spoilers. It is difficult to describe one movie based on other movies without giving out spoilers. They fight over whether six months or six years or even six decades is enough time to simply give up and deal out spoilers in order to better make people understand more recent symbolism and other creative symbolisms. I really like the comment today. “If you haven’t seen Sixth Sense, he is a girl!”

No comments: