It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2012-09-29

Lunch Conversation

It was a light day at lunch today. There were not that many people in the lunchroom. Fridays are interesting because people are more likely to splurge on a lunch out.

  • Video games
    • Guild wars
    • It sounded like someone was giving instructions on how to get in a ranch or large house when I came up to the conversation. It turns out they were giving instructions on how to invade a castle.
    • This game has gone to great lengths to look and feel like really defending and besieging a castle. They have raised the bar a notch.
  • Work
    • Retirement options
    • Dental plans
    • Rogue Ford pickup in the parking garage taking up spaces it is not supposed to.
    • New equipment
  • Movies of late and how many suck.
  • Whatever happened to stepside trucks?
    • They fell out of popularity.
    • Apparently, they are even less aerodynamic than a normal truck.
  • Weather,
    • We decided it was good to take a look at the sun today because it is the last we will probably be the last chance for the next couple days.
    • Nat wanted to do a garage sale this weekend.
    • The rain ruined someone’s kid’s game of some sort.

Put “We spoke about” in front of any of the sentence fragments above.

Notably absent, thankfully, politics.

By the way, I made this one up. Except for the sunshine comment. I hung out in my office and surfed the net at lunch today. I needed a mental break. I thought about adding something about the UN and Syria, but that just didn’t sound like something that would be discussed at lunch in my office.

Originally, I was going to splurge on Smash Berger. I was reminded however that they closed up by the paper covering the inside of the windows. I thought about getting a baked potato at the barbecue place next door, but the line was from the back of the place to the front door. I ended up back at the office grumbling about missed pizza opportunities and faking a lunch conversation blog post.

No comments: