It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2011-09-17

War

Listened to a story about a time traveler. He goes 100 years in to the future. It is bad. He comes back, but can't warn people. It made me ill. Particularly, since they could have just sent a frigging video camera in to the future and found out what he had found out.

I'm not sure if I hated the radio show I was listening to, or the goddamn Ford commercials they kept working in between the scenes.

This show was made in 1950. They went ahead 100 years. The target world was at war. It sounded a bit familiar. The idea of watching a light go out on a board to indicate intercepting missiles was a bit hard to swallow. "I saw the city through the television viewing screens." "If the 1950 world know the truth, they could prevent the accident."

I eat this stuff up. The idea of traveling 100 years in to the future is pretty cool until I remember that this is only 39 years in to my future. I can picture the dustpan world they described, only with much more effective and lethal weapons.

In the 1930's thew 1960's, most of the time travel was in to the future. Now, most of the time travel is in to the past in fiction. Not sure what to make of this. It does make me think the writers in the 50's were more optimistic than many today. Too bad time travel is impossible.

If I could go back in time, I probably wouldn't. If I had the choice to go forward, I don't know. I just might. Maybe they could fix my vision. Maybe not. They might finally have flying cars DAMMIT!! What would you do?

No comments: