It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2010-04-25

YouTube

I've been watching a tone of YouTube lately. I'm using the excuse to figure out what works and what doesn't, but really, I'm just looking for something to run out the clock on my boring life. Not that I particularly want an interesting life, but you know how it goes.

The most obvious thing you notice when you start watching these people do their thing is that they are in on it together. They promote each other and keep the promotions in the family as it goes. There are at least three major groups of people. There is the California group, the East cost group, and the Canadian group. The East and West cost group are melding together and the Canadian group is becoming more Middle-America every day.

Over the last week, there has been a trend of guys cross dressing to make it to the top of the lists. It is purely a grab for ratings. Some people are just in to that sort of thing. 

Then comes something this cool. This is Jake. He and I shared an office for a while. This is the kind of thing that YouTube was supposed to be about.

It is beyond cool when my friends have videos up. I love getting a glimpse of their lives outside of where our roads cross. Maybe this is what works.

No comments: