It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2010-04-16

Phone Screen

There was an ad in video form touting how wonderful the Nexus 1's screen is. They compared it to 'other phones' and you could tell just at a glance how much better the depth and resolution was on the Nexus 1. this pisses me off.

I now know why Google maps is so damn hard to read. That is the program they compared on the two phones. Even when I use a magnifying glass I have a hard time reading the text. I cannot read the street names or store names when they are around. The text is small, but the real problem is the resolution. The characters are only made of a few dots.

After seeing the commercial, I'm not just disappointed, I'm angry at Google. My phone is a G1. The screen on that phone was known not to be high enough resolution. Google is designing the applications to fit their top of the line phone and leaving the old phones in the dust. Sounds  familiar.

Wish I knew then what I know now. How many times in my life have I said those words? Too many.

No comments: