It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2010-04-21

Good ting

A good thing happened at work today. It was not a very good thing. It was not a wonderful thing. Something worked. Something did what it should have done in the first place. It did it in the first place. It did it on the first try. None of the contingency plans were needed. I called it a win and came home. It was quitting time anyway. 

It also took me most of the day to get a stupid Solaris 10 box to the point where I could log in and build something. That I'm not counting as a win because it should have only taken me an hour or two instead of all day. It works now. I have an Open Solaris box to do tomorrow.

The thing that die work is hard to explain.It had to do with a XEN Kernel and building a bunch of things that are highly dependant on other things. It has not worked so many times and people had warned me that it would not work again this time that I expected a battle. It worked on the first try. It was still a balancing act, but workable. I fear that the end target, the real thing we are after will not work for some time yet, but that day is coming. It has too.

The proof is in the pudding and the pudding is served tomorrow. Our over night tests will tell us if what happened yesterday is really a win or not. I'm counting it as a win regardless. I need one.

No comments: