It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2010-04-07

Breathing

My nose whistles. I sound way too much like my grandfather did most of my life. He had trouble breathing through his nose. My father blamed his nasal trouble on his nose being broken a couple times. That may have made it worse, I've not had my nose broken, but I have trouble breathing through my nose.

If I press on the tip of my nose and push it up a bit, I can breath much better and the little whistle stops cold. It is like those Breathright strips were supposed to work. I tried those things, but they didn't seem to work very well.

This is clearly affecting my sleep. It always has. I may start taping my nose to find out if that helps me sleep more easily. I may ask my doctor about. That is a sign of desperation for me. I hate talking to doctors.

There is a prejudice against people who breath through their mouths. They are called mouth breathers for God's sake. Nat asked me to breath through my mouth in the car once because she could hear me over the radio and wind noise.

Part of this is seasonal allergies.A ton of people at work ae sneezing their way down the hall. Poor Elle has it going on. She was complaining about sneezing so much the other day. Nat is a mess. What can be done about allergies. This is east Texas. We live in a grassy swamp. We are doomed to whistling noses and breathing through our mouths. Give us a break! 

No comments: