It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2009-09-28

Work is as work does

Stayed home sick today. Got some good sleep and went to the doctor. Got a shot in the butt. The doctor said it was a steroid. Something about kicking my immune system in to gear I think.

Work called me as I waited in the doctor's office. My work wanted to cut a release. I've tried to automate the process, but it isn't as easy as it sounds. I have to build on multiple machines and there are any number of things that might go wrong. There are any number of ways to turn it around and make it go right. Do we want a vendor build? Do we want a trunk, branch, or tagged release build? You have to build on machine A first so you have the same firmware file everywhere. I'm going to document the process in a wiki. It is going to be a long one because of all the possibilities and recovery.

It is another sinus infection.  I'm tired of sinus garbage. I need to do the yard, but I do not have the strength.  I must sound bad enough because Adam, the person who called me from work, didn't end up wanting me to come in. "We have a bug. ya, a bug we need to fix. Stay home. You going to be in tomorrow?" I'll be in to document the release process.

No comments: