It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2009-09-06

Weekend dog

We are dog sitting for a friend. The dog is hyper. He wants to play fetch until your arm falls off.

This is th most still this dog will be. on Twitpic Better shot of the dog we are watching. on Twitpic

That was the most still I could get this dog.

On to politics.

The cats are displeased with the presents of a dog in the house. This particular dog has been in the house before. We had a dog named Molly for a bit. Things have settled in to this new dog chasing a cat under something and then getting popped when he tries to sniff them.  Merlin runs and hides more out of annoyance than fear. Tiger is just to cantankerous to run and hide. He stands his ground and gives dirty looks. This is followed by meowing at Nat and I after each incident.

Things calm down for longer and longer periods. Merlin hates it when I pet the dog. He doesn't let on. He just sits there and ignores the situation. But, I know.

Elle will still not outlast the dog. she will play and play and yet the dog runs her out of steam. That is a good thing. She was looking forward to having the dog visit for a while. I know it will not satisfy that itch, but maybe having the gate between the living room and kitchen and all the other little annoyances will help her understand that dogs are responsibility.

The dog goes back tomorrow sometime. I will not miss the barking, smell, and annoying optimism. I will miss how much this pisses the cats off.

No comments: