It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2009-09-01

Tuesday Evening

I worked very hard today. I should be proud of myself. i guess I am proud of myself. Maybe I shouldn't be proud of myself.

First ting in the door this morning I added a bunch of files to an RPM and Windows distribution. I would remove some other files right next to them later in the day. I would move a bunch of stuff around in the hierarchy for reasons that seem very important to others. I mean they make sense to me. I'm just the guy who turns the wrench in this case.

Later in the day I figured out, with John's help, why a real SUSE machine had so much trouble loading a kernel module built on a virtual SUSE box. It has nothing to do with the virtual part of the equation. I would fix the VM later in the day, again with help from John. This issue has come up before. It is going to be one of those things that kills us every time we have to deal with it. It is one of those things that doesn't really have a one step solution. Well, it has a one step solution every time you come across it. Same step next time.

At some point I did something with a bunch of other shit. I don't remember. That is the trouble. I work too many hours.I need a vacation. I need to win the lottery and retire. Who doesn't?

No comments: