It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2009-09-03

Trouble out in Calli

I have relatives living in LA. They have not commented much on the fires out that way on their facebook pages or other media that I've found. The one time my cousin mentioned it I commented that I would prefer floods and hurricanes to fires. What do I know about it to be honest.

There are dozens of videos of fires burning hillsides in the background of normal life going on in the foreground. There are time laps films of hills burning bare. People have lost everything. A couple firefighters have lost their lives. A couple years ago a helicopter crashed. I haven't heard about that sort of thing this year thank God.

People in California seem to love it there. the government is a mess. The budget is out of control. The taxes are high and I read somewhere that there has been a net loss in investment in the State over the last couple years. That combination weighs heavy against the great weather and cheap drugs. The cost of living is high in California and companies are tired of footing the extra bill.

The weather reporter here in Houston reported a bit on California weather where all the firs are and the humidity was abnormally high at 28% which should lend a hand to the firefighters. Our humidity here in H town was abnormally low at 70% this morning.

NPR interviewed several people who had done the hot-shot fire fighting. They all sounded like stout people. I'm going to have to rejigger my opinion of pussy Californians. So many people have died fighting those fires over the years that it seriously raises my average opinion of the entire population. The median is still in about the same spot.

No comments: