It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2009-09-08

Preparedness

I'm struggling to put food on the table. Nat and I need to put together a disaster kit for survival. We need a wad of cash to cover emergencies. Water purification, ammo. We need our paperwork in order in case the house is not there when we get back.

Officials said 3 days for the longest time. 72 hours is not enough time. Since Katrina, the Red Cross says two weeks.

The Boy Scouts had a great motto. Always be prepared.  I was a Boy Scout for a couple weeks. I blame that for carrying all the crap in my backpack that I do.

The thought of looking at my dead phone and pondering how much money I spend on the phones monthly after a disaster hits worries me. I want to avoid that moment and think "Well, I spend a fortune on phones, but I got a disaster kit together didn't I?" There is hope.

Thank goodness Nat has the first aid kit bits covered. That is half the battle. She is on top of it. It does take up half the trunk, but that is a small <snicker /> price to pay.

I won't have any contacts to worry about.

No comments: