It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2009-09-24

Lesson in degrees

Long, my office partner, didn't know what an Edsel was. I had exclaimed that "Fortran is the Edsel of programming languages." This fact disproves my analogy. Fortran is still used. There are efforts to make it work on new hardware. This is not true of Edsel. It is not effectual and nearly forgotten. I stand corrected.

I'm walking through the halls at work and the big boss comes out of a computer lab talking to one of the other employees. "... don't close the door on it even if it is kind of ... weird." I've been intrigued all day. i will never ask.

Later the same morning, Adam walks by my office talking to Rod. All I hear is "blah blah Kelly blah blah"

Perhaps waring my earphones all the time at work is not a bad idea. It might save me from over hearing parts of conversations that catch me off guard that I was not meant to be part of anyway.

No comments: