It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2009-08-03

What's to hand

Few fights end with one man standing over another in a decisive victory. Few people are willing to go that far. Some are driven to win. They have the drive within them before the fight. They find the motivation during the fight. Or something is stirred within. They win.

There was this video on LiveLeak of a Russian guy who had been hit in the head with a shovel. Forgive me if it not Russian. I'm going on the description. I watched the video and it looked frigging real to me. The guy had a spade type of shovel head sticking most of the way out of his head on the right hand side. He was semiconscious and flopping around saying something in Russian while people walked around him filming.

The caption read that shovel-head had tried to rob a store of some kind and gotten his scull split for his trouble. The handle of the shovel had broken off. There was a split running down the side of his head that kind of looked like the joint that is between the plates in a human scull. His eyes were looking around.  He tried to get up. He cried out for someone or maybe it was something. No one was laughing.

There was less blood than I would expect. By the time the camera comes on, the bleeding looks like it has slowed dramatically. I know for personal experience that even minor cuts to the head bleed like mad. I do not know how major head traumas work, fortunately. This fact makes me wonder if this is staged.

It reminded me a little bit of a song by Johnny Cash called "Don't take your guns to town." not sure why. It also reminded me of the video I saw years ago of the helicopter chopping the guy's hands off called "watch your hands". It reminded me of any number of movies where someone gets shot or hit in the head and stays alive for a while.  It reminded me of a story of a guy who had a hunting knife sunk to the hilt in his head by a 'friend'. He survived. Somehow, I don't think this guy did.

If this is indeed real and the guy was indeed robbing the place, I have little sympathy for him. You just cannot trust stuff you find on the internet. I have to be skeptical at every click. This is just the world we live in. I'm not going to post the video because my mother reads this blog.

No comments: