It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2009-08-27

Very Local News

In London, they have thousands of CCTV cameras watching everything people do 25/7. Last year, one crime was salved due to this vigilance. Many thousands of tickets were issued.

It trips me out how much our company depends on network connections. I've complained before. If any system between you and the database you are logging results to blinks you will get corruption and get at least some worthless data in the database. This hurts. it makes people work much harder than they should have to in may cases.

I did 20 pushups at work today on a dollar bet. I'm not sure how I got roped in to it, but I boasted that "I get paid to do pushups." and Chris called me on it. I had to do 20 pushups. He wanted to know how many I could do with him sitting on my back. I bought some pop-tarts with the money. They were extra sweet.

Year round schooling sounds good to me as long as there is some prevision made for taking vacations and days off for handling necessary details of life.

Someone needs to go through Giulia Child's old shows and cut the word 'butter' and stitch them all together in one video. I'd blog it. Someone has done this for the word 'fuck' in movies like Reservoir Dogs. It was pretty nifty. The word is said so many times that you can fallow the plot of the movie.

Several podcasts are all about the over hype of Twitter and Facebook. I say it was the celebrities getting in to the act that hurt social media. Advertisers are slaving night and day to screw things up. It has become fashionable to disconnect and pay exorbitant money for a retreat that has no wifi. One way Twitter will make money in the future is to take surveys of what people are saying about people or subjects on the service. Are they happy or angry or indifferent on the subject?

Even with times as hard as they are right now people still buy electronic gadgets. When surveyed, people would give up cigarettes before a new phone. The only thing that topped out over new gadgets was prescription drugs.

One of the guys at work goes to McDonald's and gets a McDouble the big-mac sauce. I think he saves a dollar off the price of a big-mac. Today, he made out like a bandit because they gave him a double cheese instead of a McDouble. Score.

Oh, my God! NPR interviewed a bunch of the actors from 'Thirty Something'. I nearly wept listening to it. I do not even know why. Some of them sounded a hundred. If I were making a show something like Thirty Something today, I would call it "Trying Not to Die" and it would have people of every age all the time. People would die when appropriate.

Old saying in trucking circles. "Keep the greasy side down."

No comments: