It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2009-08-21

Very Local News

Today was good. I got things done. Elle got most of her shots and otherwise is ready for school. I fixed broken things and had a ball doing it. The day started out slow. I was tired. The gloom sprouted through the sunshine to bring ugly rain and evil upon the world. Then, it got better.

My new watch eats in to my left wrist. It makes my thumb hurt. I have to ware it on my right hand. If that doesn't work long term, I'll figure out some way to attach it to my key chain.

Iceland is in a bad way financially. Icelanders feel they are paying for European mistakes. Europe has made it clear that if Iceland does not pay its debt, her entry in the European Union and IMF loans and such are on the line.

Starbuck's will re-jigger it's prices. Whoo-hoo. Who cares? The stock went up after the announcement. I have a feeling the coffee choices that compete with McDonald's are going down in price and the rest will go up.

Financial experts say that confidence is up. I listen to the details and it sounds like financial experts are more confident because they are learning how to cope with the current situation rather than the situation getting any better. Many people they talk to that are not financial experts say they have made life changes and will most likely never go back to old habits of spending and letting the credit card run wild. Not a bad thing if you ask me. The real health of the economy will benefit from this attitude if not the bottom line. by real health, I man the economy's ability to survve hits like the one we just had.


No comments: