It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2009-08-12

Very Local News

There are almost seven billion people on the planet.

A guy got thrown in jail in Florida for writing a song that threatened two cops. It turns out he was facing cocaine charges and probation problems.

Adam set up a twitter account. The world has tilted just a mm or two off its axis. They are headed out to GenCon. Adam jokingly asked me to come with them today. I said I was too broke. I couldn't handle the nonstop gaming. That is just too much for me.

Afghanistan supplies about 90% of the worlds heroin, and has for thousands of years I bet.

My spelling is terrible in the best of circumstances. (I just spelled circumstances correctly on the first try.) It is embarrassing when I type on the phone. It is at its worse with the on screen keyboard on the phone. Yesterday I asked Nat if her sinus was bothering her and hit the 'a' instead of the 's'. Do the math. That about tops the list of snafus so far.

I had a very busy day today. It was a good day. I figured out most of the challenges thrown at me. People came to me for answers and I was mostly able to help. I was hit with surprises and coped. I learned a couple things and suspect I may be handed some new responsibilities in the future. Not a bad day by any measure. As a matter of fact, since it was a hard day, I have no guilt that it will be counted as a good day against the limited number of good days I will have over my life. That makes it an even better day. It is like a free good day.

Buick vs Saturn

GM kept Buick and dumped Saturn. A lot of people think they should have gone the other way. I think Saturn got dumped because of it's pricing structure. They had fixed prices on cars and car companies just wrap their heads around fair pricing structures. There is something very feminine about fixed pricing. Buick was kept because they sell like hot cakes in China. Buicks are still manly. That is why they don't sell in the U. S..

 (from memory) "If you love your country and you want a Lexus, buy a Buick. because I want to get my investment back." says a reporter on one of the investment podcasts.

No comments: