It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2009-08-07

Very Local News

I had a headache yesterday.  I ended up missing work. It was the nausea that got me.  Not sure it was a migraine because I didn't have the squiggly lines in my vision. Had all the other symptoms. Felt fine about 15:00. Thought about doing the yard, but didn't want to get over heated after a headache like that. I did a ton of laundry though. That worked out well.

One of the pods had a couple guys blabbing on about Macs and how well they run Windows software. You are paying $1500 for a box and running software on it designed for a box that costs $700. Are you getting twice the performance? No.

The contacts refused to work this morning. The left one, a new contact lens only worn once, felt like a live creature burrowing through my cornea. I tossed them. I'm just going to have to go back to glasses for a while. Normally, I last longer than this. I like waring contacts, but I just cannot do it for ever. It upsets me because I really do see just a bit better with contacts.

In Lebanon they have a credit card marketed directly to women. One side of the card is a mirror. How long will it be before targeted advertisements are considered racist and no longer aloud? I'm surprised they get away with half the stuff they do now.

I'm trying desperately to find a good calendar software for Linux that is compatible with Exchange calender system. I've tried a couple and come up blank on real support. Lightening lets you use the meeting notices to give yourself a reminder. Evolution lets you sync with Google Calendar. They talk about Exchange Calendar, but I haven't found the magic combination of settings. I'm on the track. If I get it working, we will probably keep the calendaring section of the Exchange system. It makes things so much easier when you want to use someone else's time for your needs.

No comments: