It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2009-08-04

Very Local News

The humidity was biblical this morning. I was trying to think of the most appropriate word to describe the soup I was walking through this morning, but the lack of oxygen to my brain affected me. I'm surprised humans in East Texas have not reverted to gills, just for the summer time.

Americans hate th FED more than the IRS. It isn't that people fear the FED like they fear the IRS. People perceive that the FED has a huge effect on their lives, yet the FED has no idea what it is doing.

I only know a couple people who smoke. I just heard a statistic that one billion people in the world smoke. Even third world countries are turning to anti smoking mentalities. Tabasco still generates a fortune in taxes all over the world. If you push the taxes too high, people turn to a black market. "... an entirely preventable epidermic."

My dad sold his Harley. I never road on that bike. I will mis it. I just liked the idea of my dad owning a Hog. I could live vicariously through his irresponsibility.

ESPN is in the UK. Will it make money? Is there too much competition. Do I give a rat's tits?

It used to be that every village (street) in the U. K. had its own pub. They have been closing in mass because the taxes on beer are insane and coffee has taken beer's place as a social mechanism. Now the pubs have gotten together and are providing a delivery service from pub to pub that is very cheap. This way, you can pop down to your local pub and send a parcel to aunt Martha who can pick it up at the pub on her end. Thinking outside the box I say. Good on them. I hope it works. I've never been to a real pub. I would like the opportunity to do so in the future.

There are whispers out there that many manufacturers will abandon 32 bit processors in the near future unless the device specifically calls for a one. This means Software will not be updated for 32 bit for long. All the machines in our house are 32 bit, because they are cheaper. Surely we are not the only one's in this situation. Great.

In Gaza, Israel will not allow full shipments of concrete because of bunker building issues. Some industrious people have reverted to thousand year old methods of making buildings out of mud and straw. Others are using that mix with old tires thrown in for extra flammability. Stop lobbing rockets and maybe you can get some concrete.

Saudi women were recently given permission to work as local house maids within the country. Foreign women coming in as maids have been treated so badly that the practice has been compared to slavery. Now, that locals are doing the job, maybe maids will get some rights.

One of our labs has a clear plastic wall right down the middle. This is for air flow reasons. The wall goes from floor to ceiling and used to only be a couple panels. The new one goes clear across the room. The one panel closest to the outside wall is basically empty space and used to be used as a walk way. It not contains a piece of paper right at face level that says "Caution! This is no longer a walk way." I don't know if any plowed in to it, but I'm glad they up up the sign. I would have been the first. I think I would have been the first even if I had perfect vision. I so wish I could take a picture and blog it, but no dice. It is lab.

September 11th is Ethiopian new year. Who Knew?

No comments: