It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2009-08-23

Saturday, continued

Nat ran out a while ago (before midnight) to get some Taco Cabana. I opted out. She came back saying the cops were out in force. The Mall parking lot is full of racers. The U-Haul place was full of racers. Several tow trucks were sitting in one of the parking lots near our house with the drivers standing around outside. Nat speculated the cops were planning on enforcing warrants. Makes sense.

Elle is still at the parent's place. We get her back tomorrow and she starts first grade Monday. I can't wrap my head around that. I was worried about the little thing starting school and having to go through the whole first day thing. She walked in to that school and owned the place. She made friends already. She will be just fine. She is stronger than I thought.

I can hear the racers headed up and down Westheimer. I haven't heard any sirens.

The lawn guy came and went. He did a good job. It was frigging hot too. We spoke about his truck. He is an apartment superintendent. That means he can turn a screwdriver and hit a nail. I have trouble smearing caulk in a crack. You would think that sort of thing would come easy. No.

Firefox has finally pissed me off. I have tried to make it work. I've tried to find the solution to the Flash video skipping problem. I have failed. I know it is not Flash because I installed Opera and it uses the same Flash .so and does not exhibit the problem. Opera does not have a spell checker. Nor does it have a copy as HTML function.  It is cramping my style. Opera crashes and has some other problems. It is not necessarily the best choice. I've tried Chrome with poor results before. I'll keep trying.

I looked up my numbers on Google Analytics. I had a jolt over the last couple days. Not sure why, but people are suddenly searching for 'plastickelly'. They are not staying to read my site. They are instantly heading back to the search results and trying another link. That is not a spike in readership. Drag. The lump in the graph is still kind of nice though.

No comments: