It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2007-11-13

Weekend

Married people need not apply

For some reason, several of the married couples at Safe Haven had problems or disturbances this weekend. Ken and Jen, Randy and Simone, and Nat and I all had slightly public spats. Tony and Dizz had a scare, not a fight. Let's just say, Tony is over seas at the moment.

I just don't know what to do. I'm worried about Nat and I. Yet, I want to help our friends at the same time. I have to devote all my strength to our relationship. The others are on their own for the moment.

I have to admit that witnessing how the other couples act around one another helps me identify when I'm being a numb scull. Speaking of numb scull, Nat said I was being hard headed Friday night and I bopped myself on the head with my MagLite. It left quite a goos egg. Every one asked me if I was OK when I had ice on my head. That felt reassuring.

Faire is a pretty wild place. I've only touched on some of the goings-on that happen every day out there. It is difficult for a married couple to stay focused. It has to be done though. I mean, you can't treat your relationship with kid gloves all the time. All parties must bot trust the other and be trust worthy themselves.

Fire

Saturday evening, we were sitting around the camp fire bullshitting. A couple of people who have motorcycles hopped on and tore off like something was wrong. We are all looking at each other. Then someone runs up to tell ever on that Randolf's shop is on fire. We all raise our gaze to the South East to find a rising cloud of black smoke rising from a spot that could very well be That area.

Everyone freaked. Calls started puring in and out. The people in a camp not far off have a bunch of lights and music playing. They have the lit up pyramids made from blue translucent canvas and aluminum scaffolding. They also have one of those propane torches that hot air balloons use on the top of one of the pyramids that they set off every so often. They got it cleared by the cops. It was going off during the fire. That wasn't helping nerves.

Chris made it to the patrons area and called Dizz. It was an RV, not a shop. No one was hurt. It turns out to be an electrical fire in a brand new RV, it's maiden voyage as a matter of fact. Hey, the fire alarm worked. Can you say lawsuit?

Eye witness reports say it went up like a match head. There was nothing left but a pile of ashes, axles, and a puddle of plastic.

While it was happening, I half expected to see George (Faire owner) playing violin.

Tent Politics

We took Elle this weekend. We stayed in a separate tent from the young and sexy people. We borrowed a tent to stay in. This is because I have not been able to get our tent back in the fucking bag it came in. It is really pissing me off. I did manage to get the tent we borrowed back in the bag, but that was not the bag it came in. It was an overnight bag.

I just didn't feel comfortable in the big tents if Nat and I were not camping there. I go in when invited, but I still feel like I am invading someone's bedroom.

It all boils down to respect. If I don't have a reason to be in the tent, I don't want to be there. I understand how the nomadic tribes came up with the whole cut off a hand for steeling. That's all that came under the tent flap. CHOP!!! Let me tell you, some folks at camp would like to go back to the old ways. People are tired of shit disappearing. Dizz was half tempted to set up the other GP Medium for people to park their motorcycles. That's a bit much really.

1 comment:

Celtic Gypsy said...

It was Doc & Missy that called Dizzy...not Chris. Tony is in the United States...actually pretty close to us. "Bopped" your head doesn't even begin to cover how hard you really hit your head. You almost fell out of the chair right after you did it. Five people jumped on their motorcycles. You forgot to mention the second fire Sunday afternoon (on 1774 right next to the Participants entrance), the many shops and carts that were broken into (Saturday Night), the guy beaten really badly, and the guy who was missing and then was found dead in the forest. I love you...even if you are weird.