It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2007-11-27

Guitar

You know, I tried playing the guitar several years ago. I was bad. I didn't practice enough. I don't have very good coordination to start with. There are any number of excuses. I suck at music in general. I enjoy listening.

There are a bunch of folks at my office who are good. They are engineers too. That kind of pisses me off. It really does seem like some people got double helpings at the talent fountain in the line to get born. I've witnessed people juggling infants while riding a unicycle on a tight rope over a flaming pit of death. I cant barely walk and chew gum.

There are some other issues that I have with my genetic situation. There is an old joke. What is the best way to live a long life. Answer, choose your parents well. It is the truth to this day.

If science has really figured out how to trick a skin cell in to thinking it is a stem cell, the rules might change. That is still in the "some day" category though. I just don't think this stuff will help me out. Maybe Elle's generation will benefit.

In Unix there is a command called 'ps'. It tells you what is running on the machine. It lists each process out with some useful details. The primary use for this command is to figure out what to kill. This is a metaphor for life. Someone needs to come up with a way to figure out what really is going on in your life and allow the removal of bits and pieces that cause problems.

There is more to a human life I suppose. Things get too out of hand and you think "God, one more straw and my back is going to break." That can be the truth. Something needs to give.

I'm not there right now. I'm in a good place. Things are under control as long as Nat and I can keep the bills paid. It has been a long time since I felt comfortable where I was. These moments are fleeting and far between. It doesn't matter if things are on the edge of a cliff. Just so long as you know where you are and you are OK with it.

For the moment, I'm OK with all of it. Not even. I'm great with it. I hope Nat feels the same way.

I know, I know, I'm opening myself up for the other shoe to drop. Well, I hope it doesn't. I hope the other shoe lives it's own life and leaves me and mine alone. Things are good. Things are bad. Things come and go. People come and go. It is life. Up and down.

No comments: