It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2007-11-05

Christmas Lite

Written Friday 2007-11-02
We are going to have a light Christmas this year. We are broke. We have huge bills to pay. Folks better be happy with a card. It is all over the news that retailers expect slow movement. I saw Christmas lights and specials up at Sam's last night.

Nat and I are not going to have any more money next month that we do this month. We are going to have all the same bills. We are still going to be broke. We just have to put our collective foot down and say that we are not going to participate in the madness.

For a Pagan, Nat goes crazy over Christmas. I've noticed that about Pagans. They like Christmas. Christmas is based on a bunch of collaged Pagan holidays and rituals.

I say that Christmas has not much to do about gift giving. The idea is nice. People seem happy to decorate and make a whole season out of Christmas. It has become so commercialized that I just can't take it any more.

Don't get me wrong. I remember opening presents Christmas morning and playing myself to sleep that evening. Those are great deep colorful memories that I cherish. Maybe we should have a kids get a gift day or something.

Tradition aside, Christmas is about worshiping Jesus and thinking God for the savior. People justify the gift giving by saying it represents the gifts given by the three wise men.

I rant about this every year. I kick off my Christmas rant earlier every year. Funny that.

No comments: