It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2007-11-13

24 oz

It hurts telling this story. I don't know why. It is something that happens to me all the time.

This past weekend, I road up to Brookshire Brother's (a small grocery store near Faire) to get some things for Saturday night. I think it was honey we were after. When we checked out, we went through the self check out line. Heath and Byron made it through without trouble. I was picking up a case of water for Nat and I.

I went through the routine of swiping my product and touching the screen. When I went to pay I had to lean in and cup my hand around the little screen to read it. My hat brim hit the screen. I would have taken it off, but it was helping to shade the screen. This is pretty normal for me.

The lady behind the counter wanted to come out to help me. Heath and Byron told her that i was legally blind. She happened to be standing on Byron's def side. He told the lady that he was legally def. Then Byron pointed to Heath and said he was legally pregnant. (Hope I'm not giving up too much info here.). We all chuckled it off as we walked out. I'm glad to have people around me who can joke about it.

I was able to get through the menu and check out. I wonder what the lady was thinking at that point.

Not five minutes later, there was a painful situation where I had ask a convince store clerk to come out from behind the counter to show me where something was. He was a trooper about it. I told him that I have bad eye site and thanked him for the extra effort. I was in there for a while. When I walked out the door, Byron was on his way in to rescue me.

That is the painful part of the story. Now, for the triumphant bit.

Normally, theses situations are painful. This one was too. I was able to laugh it off with the help of friends. I was still able to have a good time the reminder of the weekend. I even had it together enough to get the tent we borrowed back in the bag. That is a big thing for me right now.

That is the first time I've had two in a row like that and not gone completely off the deep end in to depression. I think it partly having friends near by who understand me. Mostly it is Nat's influence. She has made me stronger.

No comments: