It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2007-05-15

Sick Day

So, I'm at home today. I'm sick. I'm not going to get in to details. I nearly went in, but I couldn't face the stress of work today. I can't sit for a long time without getting up and walking around.

Daytime TV sucks. I don't know how people stand it. There has got to be something better on cable. I've noticed AT&T touting $99 a month for cable, home phone, and internet. Finally, that sounds like an OK deal. They give you high-definition free for a year. That won't help us because we don't have a TV that will receive it. I've made the excuse that I watch too much TV now to bother getting cable. I kind of want it for the family.

TVs at Wal-Mart are down in price. I liked one for $800 the other day. I have no idea what to get. I need to bribe one of the geeks at work who knows this sort of stuff to walk me through anything before I pull the trigger. Nat and I say we are saving up for a new vehicle, but I don't see that happening with gas prices skyrocketing. I'm of the mind lately to wait until hybrids or electric SUVs make some headway. I bet gas will be $5 a gallon by the end of 2008. That is just a gut feeling. Maybe it is just the illness that kept me home today.

It was Tuesday last time I took a day off for pretty much the same thing. I'm probably eating something on the weekends that does not agree with me. We went to Mama's Cafe on Westheimer for Mother's day. I had a hamburger. It was pretty good. My father got ribs. He didn't like them much. I didn't like them much either. Now, Heath, has ruined me for ribs, but these were actually bad. I wonder if they made me sick. I'm going to have to ask my dad if he has the same trouble. Probably not. Everything else we had was good.

No comments: