It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2007-05-10

Looping Dream

So, I was dreaming last night that I was stuck in a tent with a bunch of people putting on some kind of infomercial. They kept saying the same thing over and over. They kept pushing the same product. I don't remember what they were selling, but I ended up changing myself into a bird and flying away. I don't remember doing that before. I woke up and turned off the TV. It was 2:30 or so. All the channels play non stop infomercials over night. I don't even remember leaving the TV on. I must have fallen asleep reaching for the remote.

There is nothing to watch that late at night these days unless you have cable.That's OK. In 2009 the mandate kicks in that all terrestrial transmissions have to be digital. I guess I know when I'm going to upgrade my TV. We were in Wal-Mart the other day and I took a look at some of the TV sets. There are some pretty cheap flat panels that look good in my opinion. Not all the new TV sets have digital tuners. The ones that do not, have "Consumer Alert" cards next to the price. They are already dirt cheap. I believe it. I wonder when the retailers will drop analog all together.

I would love to buy my family a nice TV. I just plane cant afford it right now. It is just going to have to wait. Other things keep coming up. The car needs fixed. The house needs fixed. The cat needs fixed. blah blah. I'm already tired of being a home owner. it just costs too much. The family is worth it.

I don't have time to wake up in the middle of the night from an infomercial induced nightmare. It took me a while to get back to sleep. I had some jingle haunting me. Fortunately, the racers were still out across the street making noise. I let my anger for them lull me back to slumber. Then the alarm went off. Wow, three hours just isn't enough sleep.

No comments: