It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2005-09-18

Trip
Friday afternoon Bill, Elle's grandfather, comes by to pick up Elle. We Get some things together and basically hang out until Saturday. We get up at 11:00. We briefly attempt to ride with the other car from Houston to Austin. We get separated. We get to Austin and get lost. We make nine phone calls and turn around a couple of times. We end up finding the hotel. The hotel lady said they were out of the size room we asked for so they had to give us a free upgrade. I have my suspicions that Adam cashed in some miles or something to get us the bigger room because we were not in the best of mood. We checked in and headed over to the party. Ethan, I hate to say this where you will get hold of it, but I felt like every one there, besides the people I've known all my life, were a bunch of snobs who couldn't stop bragging about themselves. So we just left and went the hotel to hang out. We didn't even say goodbye. The hotel was about the best part of the whole weekend. We just got back and Bill is here right now dropping off Elle. I hope the rest of the day turns out better.
Nat and Bill are making plans to put Elle in school.
Adam and Laurie had to get back early today to make a Texans' game. They took off at like 7:00. I had a hard time getting Nat up at 9:00 to make check out time. She doesn't like getting up regardless of time. On the road, my dad gives me a call. Someone gave them four tickets to the same Texans game. There was no way we could make it in time so they ended up giving the other tickets to the next door neighbor.
I can't wait to go back to work so I can relax.
Did I mention that I didn't take a single picture or even take the video camera out of the bag.

3 comments:

obiwanchunn said...

What is it with you and Nat and the inferriority complex?

When you meet someone new, they always talk about themselves. That is normal Kelly.

You are an interresting person, stop acting like you have nothing to say.

I realize your eyesight gives you a slight disadvantage in that you can't see if someone is getting bored with you. But you know, you can just tell them before you start talking: "Hey, I have real bad eyesight, so if I bore your you have to speak up, I can't read facial expressions well." And then launch into any of these following subjects:

Your blog, your job at Dow, how you met Nat, your opinons on politics, religion (okay, you might want to steer away from those last two until a little deeper into the conversation.)

I get the impression you just feel like people think they are better than you. And I don't think that is the case.

CyndyMW said...

Wow, now that's a candid post. I have to say, I agree.

You're plenty interesting, and have lots to say and talk about. It's perfectly natural for people's favorite topic to be themselves, since that's what they know most about and feel comfortable with. People will continue to do this until you give them something else to talk and ask questions about, i.e. YOU. Or computers. Or blogging. Or (the easiest) the mutual friend who is hosting the party. You and I know each other quite well, and what do you always have to hear about when you talk to me? "I had a boring weekend; all I did was blah, blah, blah, blah." Yet, you manage to put up with me just fine.

Remember my birthday party two years ago? You didn't know a person there, and by the end of the evening you had managed to make friends with my roommate and even left with Ramon. They thought you were interesting, too. Conversing with people and "working a room" at a party takes less confidence than it does patience. Few of the people there probably had true confidence in themselves, but they made up for it in patience listing to others talk while they waited for a chance to talk about their own favorite subject - themselves.

zhsy00001 said...

When Cynthia says "left with Ramon", she should have said "got a ride home from Ramon".

Sheesh.

=]