It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2005-09-29

Fest
The Texas Renaissance Festival (TRF or Fare or Fest) has more to offer than boos and Flaming Idiots. When the average Joe walks through the front gate he might find a bunch of shops full of interesting cloths, wine goblets, swords, armor, art and heaven knows what all. Then again our weekend knight may hit the pubs or nab a turkey leg and take in one of the many shows that "rennies" put on for money. (Tip them for goodness sake.)
So, what am I after?
Well, Nat and I plan on camping at the Fare grounds this weekend and most likely every weekend the place is open. With the exception of the weekend we happen to be getting married at TRF. I've had people say "What is the draw once you walk around the place a couple of times?" It isn't the place, it is the people. It is an excuse to hang out with your friends, drink, eat bad food, drink, wonder around a cool fare in a costume, drink, camp, drink, mess with the yokels, oh, did I mention drink in public, make a fool of yourself and get away with it. It is fun. I've known most of these people for a decade or more. I've never hung out at fare, but I intend to this year. Ken and Jen are going out of their way to make sure I have cloths for a costume.
You know where to find me for the next eight weekends.

No comments: