It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2005-09-22

Day Two
OK, I suppose it isn't day two for every one. It is day two for me. My father and I put up shutters on the front windows. That is the way their house faces North East. Ken, Heath and their families are hunkered down a bit north of us. Adam and Laurie are staying in their house. Ken is leaving town. Chris and Sarah are leaving.
Working with my dad
It was a lot of fun helping my dad build those shutters. I drove a nail for the first time in years. I flattened several in the attempt. I’ll put up some pictures. Right now my server is unplugged, sitting on a shelf in our apartment. While we were putting up the shutters my father said it reminded him of Night of the Living Dead. We left slits in the wood to see out of. They look like they are just about the right height to shoot the zombies in the head.
Next door neighbors
My dad is the local DIY guy. I think five different neighbors came over asking for one kinf of help or another. He is a good Christen so he helps every one.
Adam called
I spoke with Adam last night and he seemed quite flustered. He was worried rightly about the strength and direction of Rita. He had some friends over and they were all going over options. He seemed much better today. He and Laurie had ventured out looking for ply-wood. Adam says the city is cleaned of the pulpy gold. They ended up with some kind of sheetrock backing board that is water proof, but brittle. That was all that was out there. He is worried about the fence behind his house. Those seeder fences are a bit like sales in the wind.  We have promised to stay in touch as long as possible.
Traffic
Some heads are going to roll. The freeways are jammed tight. It looks like some people will be stranded when the hurricane hits Saturday morning. President Bush is supposed to fly over Houston and get some before snapshots some time tomorrow. I’m not sure what good that is going to do. There were tankers on the news stuck in traffic, surrounded by cars that were out of gas. It is depressing. Cynthia just left a message. Her and her boyfriend got as far as Spring I believe it was on the back roads. They were on their way to Arkansas. They turned around and are on their way back. How many stories are there like that I wonder?
I’m dog tired. I’m going to write a bunch more later.

No comments: