It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2005-09-23

Day Three
I’ve called around to most of my friends who have stayed. We are all very happy that the storm took a bit of a right tern. I feel bad for those folks, but this town just Isn’t ready. Adam and Laurie are finally ready. We just finished bringing everything inside, or at least putting it somewhere protected from too much wind. I’m looking at the radar and watching the news intently. I’m not sure how to interpret some of the information.
Traffic looks much better. We went back to the apartment for some powdered milk and supplies. The airport is just clearing out right now. Any planes left are just heading to El Paso. Nothing is open now. That seems like the news can only talk about one thing at a time. Yesterday it was the traffic. Today it is the fact that nothing is open. A bus blew up on the way to Dallas.
There are rumors of a curfew, but I’ve heard nothing official. We still have power for the moment, but who knows how long that will last. I’m not sure how long it will be before another post. I’m taking some videos.
Elle has been up all day. The rest of us have tried to get some rest. Elle will not hear of it. If it isn’t a fit because someone had to leave the room, it is a full diaper. Ah, to be young again.
My mom is behind me in the computer room typing away. I assume she is typing an email to a relative. It seems like every one we know is calling us saying “come up here.” It is pretty nice to have that kind of support.
My contacts have basically stopped working for the moment. I cannot ware them before my left eye gets all gummed up. I’m just warring my glasses. The prescription isn’t as good. Hopefully it is juust not a factor during the storm.
I’m tired. I will take notes and videos of the storm if I can. Every one please leave comments. I may not be back on for a while.

1 comment:

obiwanchunn said...

There was an incredible rainbow right before the first wave of cloud cover swept over Houston. It was pretty incredible.

Glad everyone is still okay. The knot that has been in my stomache since Wednesday is finally subsiding. Though I know we aren't out of the woods yet.