It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2005-09-07

Below Sea Level
People keep telling me that New Orleans should be rebuilt. I'm not so sure it ever will be, or ever should be the same place it was before. Will the exact same thing happen next hurricane season? People keep saying "look at Holland". You know, I'm trying to remember the last time Holland was hit with a category four hurricane. What works in northern Europe may not work the same on the U. S. Gulf Coast.
Does any one out there have a good idea or an opinion on the subject? Chime in.

2 comments:

JB said...

the fact that they want to spend a dime rebuilding in the worst exposed area to a huuricane disaster is insulting. that is all.

Michael said...

I think rebuilding the tourist parts might not be so bad. But industry, residential and service commercial areas in a floodplain below sea level and adjacent lake level in the path of hurricanes ... doesn't make much sense to me.