It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2003-12-03

Work
Well, my workplace has some interesting security ideas. There is a fence all around the complex and guards. There are three gates for automobiles. The “back” gate is almost never open. There is no automatic open thing that opens it. I t is just for show really. The side gate is closed off this morning for no apparent reason. I don't drive and the guard let me walk in. That is worrying. That is the kind of thing they do when there is a security threat or, even more worrying to me, a lay-off. I've heard rumors that a large project is about to be reassessed. The two in the chest two in the head meeting was yesterday. hmmm.
-later the same day-
They are obviously funneling people through one entrance because they are looking for some one coming in to the complex. I'm not giving anything away. The rumors I've heard about the project are at least delayed.

Notebooks everywhere
I just walked past a conference room. There were fifteen people in there with at least ten notebook computers. Every notebook had a separate network cable. There were two hubs and a switch. My company has a paranoid view of wireless. I'm thinking one wireless router would have eliminated fifteen cables and obvious hazards. They wouldn't have spent twenty minutes setting up all the wires and wasted tape taping them to the carpet. The policy is just plain no. Oh, well. I suppose it is for the best.

No comments: