It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2016-02-15

Firefox and Chrome on Linux

I’m having some issues with everything about Linux. I have become far less tolerant of bullshit issues on Linux than I used to be. I used to consider that the OS and software was free so leeway should be given. This is changing for me. I am getting bug intolerant as I age. I believe the scientific term is cantankerous.

Firefox Works
  • Mouse over works. This is the kind of thing you don't think about until it is broken.
Firefox Broken
  • High contrast sucks.
  • Leave it open over night and it runs like crap the next day even if you kill it and restart.
Chrome Works
  • High contrast is awesome.
Chrome Broken
  • High contrast has scrolling issue that makes it really annoying.
  • Mouse over is jacked. You can kind of fight and make it work. Sort of.

It seemed like more. I’m sure I’ll come up with more to complain about. Give me a bit.

No comments: