It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2014-10-29

Notes

Installed Libreoffice on my work Linux box. They have actually given me the ability to install Microsoft Office 2013 and I am seriously considering not getting it. I don’t use it. I don’t want to waste a license. Part of me wants to get it just because it is available.

Uber is a racket too. Uber drivers rate riders and say things like “Tim 5 to get 5” meaning the driver will give you a bad rating if you don’t tip. That goes both ways, but people are being taken advantage of. I suppose if you people don’t have a disinterested third party breathing down their neck, they are aggressively entrepreneurial (an asshole). I wonder if Uber keeps track of the tips. I wonder if the IRS is listening to the same AM broadcast I just listened to.

So, you beg him not to take action and then call him chickenshit for not taking action. Now that it is too late, you have someone to blame. Nukes don’t care who you blame once they go off. Can’t win with you guys.
Another Link on the subject.

Why aren’t people dancing in the streets over the drop in crime rates?

People in New York must know better because they are from New York of course. That makes their opinion count for twice what the rest of the fly over people’s votes count for. Right? It just makes sense. It is the whole “unwashed masses” thing.


Lunch conversation consisted of tomorrow’s chili cookoff at work. Adam was talking smack (won the last couple years in a row) about his latest concoction. At least he mixes it up year to year.


Everyone says Ebola is not airborne. Now this. That is still not airborn, but it is spread by sneezes and coughing. Wash your hands, don’t touch your face. That is harder than it sounds.

I use this all the time under Linux. What the hell?!

No comments: