It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2014-04-10

Notes

2014-04-09
There was a dead Ford Explorer at Dairy Ashford and Whittington. I used to lift right off that intersection behind the Post Office. Bill and I got out of the car and pushed it off the main road on to the side. That car was going to cause a wreck. We did our good deed for the day.


One of the people at my work is very smart, but making an argument for not vaccinating children. I am not participating in his madness. I am pro vaccination.


“You ate something out of that worm and it has taken over part of your brain.” Clark’s World


Humes and baklava for afternoon snack at work. We have this goofy meet and greet once a month. It works out pretty well because I always forget until the lady comes round and hollers at us to go. This time was a good one. I’ve never seen that much hummes in one spot before. Three huge trays full and it was very fresh. I forget what fresh hummus tastes like.


There I was, sitting in my office working on some more or less trivial tasks, waiting on a build. When, what do I hear from a couple of other offices? People arguing on what goes in the next build. It used to be fixed on what went in and stayed out long before we decided to do a build. This is when we were a small company. Now that we are ghuge and builds are far more complex, people argue for their fix to make it in harder than before. This way is better.


Some say there will be a good treatment or even perhaps a cure for Autism in the next 10 or 15 years. Nice. Hope these folks are correct.


Device designers want us to talk to our devices. It really pisses me off when people talk on the phone in public places like I’m just supposed to ignore their conversation and all the personal information going by. How bad is it going to be if everyone has to speak loudly and clearly to all their devices.


There is a saying in Africa. Trained, not aid. It is older than the old saying “Give a man a fish and he eats for  a day. Teach a man to fish and he can feed himself.”

No comments: