It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2013-11-30

Videos today

Yesterday, I felt I wanted to shoot a video. I put up a video Thursday from Thanksgiving. That felt pretty good. It was a good video I thought as well. Very me. No real substance, just the family doing some family stuff and a puppy.

I haven't been putting up a lot of videos lately. Work has been nuts. I have dozens of excuses. Give me a couple pages and I'll chew your ear off with them. I am starting to feel the need to yap again. It has been a while if I'm honest.

Something that happened today that may have helped more than I thought it would was the VirtualBox software I use to edit my videos got a new update. For several weeks, the VirtualBox software would not let me read from shared folders. I use a Windows Laptop with an Ubuntu client. The editing software I use varies from Kdenlive to several other Linux based software packages back to Kdenlive.

Well, an update came though today for VirtualBox that fixed the read from shared folders issue. I had been using an SD card reader via USB to edit my videos and then publish them. This kind of worked, but it was more of a pain in the ass than it sounds. The world seems easier to video now that my video editor is working again.

Funny how the little things work to stop you from getting the bigger things done. I considerate the vlog to be a big thing because if I didn't, it would never get done. sometimes you have to make choices.

No idea how much things will slack off after work starts again next week. I have not taken much time over the holidays. Things are going to stay nuts at work for the foreseeable future. I want to make more and better videos. It is true. I feel a great satisfaction from them. It doesn't seem to matter that I get so few hits.

Wish me luck. Give me some encouragement. It can only help.

No comments: