It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2013-06-05

Ideology axis

I have been looking for this simple explanation for a long time. I have been trying to come up with it on my own. I have failed. Now I have found it. I believe it. This is the definition of the filter people use to make decisions. I’m not 100% convinced this is the end all be all of political personal filters, but it the best and simplest I’ve seen so far.




  • Progressives look at issues along an axis of oppressed vs. oppressors
  • Conservatives look at issues along an axis of civilization vs. barbarism
  • Libertarians look at issues along an axis of freedom vs. (government) coercion



I would change them up a bit.

Progressives = controllers vs controlled
Conservatives = I like the one above.
Libertarians = I’m not sure yet, but I don’t like the one above.

Perhaps “vs” is the wrong way of comparing. People make decisions based on their views down the axis this person is talking about. Every decision would be placed on a scale from one end to the other with the labels above on the ends of that line.

Deep dish Progressives would decide on what candy bar to buy based on what their controllers have told them and what the controllers of who made the candybar have made the controlled of the candy bar making do to get it to them, the ones buying the candy bar. This in addition to nutritional facts and cost.

I am a conservative, so I’m not sure how to identify my own preference for a candybar. I don’t much care what society or civilization thinks about my candybar purchasing decisions. As a matter of fact, I wish they would fuck off and not connect me personally with an eaten candy bar. Is all this information really doing any good besides lining a rich person’s pocket with more money?

Frankly, I’m surprised Libertarians are not walking around with a sledgehammer in one hand and an uzi in the other. This ideology seems to map to post apocalyptic better than the others. Maybe it is just me.

To be honest, I don't like these labels. I’m sure I fit all three of these labels at some point or another. I’m sure I fit them differently on different subjects. not sure how helpful they are in the first place except to help people try to get into your head to get something out of you.

No comments: