It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2013-05-01

Notes


Homeless people have the right to private property same as those with homes. When someone steals from them, the police have to pay attention and at least pay it as much lip services as a homeowner.

Having a full page of stuff in my Google Drive documents slows me down from adding more information. There is something about an empty page that makes me want to put some data down on the page. There is something about a full page that makes me think I’m done.  I want to keep the momentum up regardless of how much is on a page.

Nothing like a good stretch. I feel better after a good stretch. I feel more awake and alert. The older I get the more this difference is apparent. Does this mean my circulation is getting worse? Maybe I just need to stretch more.

The professional wire folks have wire winders. they manage to run wires through the roof without massive tangles (that I’ve noticed). They run fifty thick bundles of wire fifty yards through that minefield above the tiles without insane effort. I’m impressed.

A guy kept asking me questions about a program on his work machine. He would ask me a question and then come back to me with more questions and prints of screenshots. I tried  to explain to him that his computer is a laptop and he can bring it with him. I even have a power cord we can use temporarily. He wouldn’t have it for a long time. He finally came round and I still failed to help him, but I failed much faster with the laptop right there.

We are in the process of migrating off GoDaddy to my company’s existing web support structure. I will almost miss GoDaddy. Not too much because the things I did were always emeergency status and I never had a clue what I was doing. I did figure out in early days that Googling godaddy questions worked better than using GoDaddy’s support search.

I tried to figure out if a page I use was having a Denial of Service attack or DoS attack. I tried googling them and got Disk Operating System DOS hits. Forgot that company had a DOS back in the day.

No comments: