It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2013-05-01

Notes

Delusions of qualifications. This is the term used to describe young people coming out of college lately. The blog mentioned that young people are very confident in themselves, but that does not mean they can do the job. They are also very unprofessional and easily distracted. The problem is people keep telling young people they are perfect just the way they are.

I’m just about to finish off the 1 liter bottle of Johnnie Walker Black label. I think it has taken me 10 years. Nat just got me a much smaller bottle to replace it muttering something about being a light weight.

Chrome is killing X11 on my work machine. I have Red Hat 6.4 installed. The Chrome comes from a repo provided by Google or the open source people or someone out there providing it. This crashing is caused by normal surfing in Chrome. It doesn’t matter if it is internal or external. It does seem to matter if it is running some scripts. I just click on something and wham, I’m at the login prompt for Gnome. This is a pain in the ass. When this happens, some programs died and some did not. If you have 1 session only program, you can’t run them because they are already running. Config and lock files are still active. Basically, it is time to reboot.

I hit the spacebar with my left thumb. This is an issue only because most keyboards seem to stick extra keys for the left thumb to hit that cause the spacebar to move to the right. This means I’m hitting the edge of the spacebar only. This causes funny reactions on some keyboards. I get missing and misplaced spaces in my everyday typing.

At lunch today, I found myself mumbling about 3d printers and wishing they would catch one better. It sounds like the thing that is holding them back is the software for generating the models upon which the item being printed is designed. The tools take a degree in engineering to understand.

No comments: