It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2012-11-11

Sunday

I spent most of today sick. I slept a good deal of the day. It is now late evening. I’m getting ready for bed. I cratered and used my work laptop for watching Xfinity. They have most of their content behind Microsoft Silverlight. that name reminds me of one of the names for the devil. I only have linux at the house for my entertainment needs. The only reasonable facsimile on Linux does not work for my cable company. They are the only page on the internet that  I use that requires MS Silverlight is my cable company. I pay through the nose and they are the one I can’t get to work.

Tonight I will load up on the generic NyQuil. I will dive in to my covers and hide until the alarm calls me again in the morning. I will, barring zombiism, go to work first thing in the morning. I will work all day. I will get it done. I will be the good boy. They tell me I have 113 hours of vacation in the pool.  I could take some as  sick day. I’m out of sick time for the year. When the big company takes over for real, there will not be sick time. /they call it short term disability. I believe there is an insurance company involved.

I have the Vampire Diaries playing in another tab as I type this. I do not like the series. or the books. They are teen girl footer. The screen is full of pretty faces. If the vampires to invade, kill all the pretty people and you are done. Still, it is something to have on in the background while I type. I do like the betrayal angle of the plot. They try  to cover too many points between scenes. That is, it goes too quickly for my taste. I want a bit of fluff thrown in that may or may not lead to a plot point. It just seems like they want to say too much all at once.

We are supposed to et some rain tonight. I just walked around outside. It smells a bit like rain. The clouds look funny. Not sure what is going to happen. The weather channel on my phone just blows.The walk in sucks in the rain. It is supposed to cool off by tomorrow at around 15:00.

No comments: