It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2012-03-07

Slip

Last night I went to a friend's place. he and his wife just adopted a daughter. She is beautiful. She is the second child they have adopted. Those beautiful little girls could do a lot worse.

It was mostly a bunch of guys. We had whisky and cigars. It was old fashioned. It was fun. I think some of the stories told needed let out. Some of the people who left early don't know what they missed in the later hours.

At some point, before the party, I hurt my ankle. I was limping on the way to the car after work. I was limping on the way to my front door. It hurt in both of the showers I took and it hurt walking to my desk. Nat was kind enough to give me a ride in this morning. Not sure how I would have fared if forced to walk.

I had three kinds of whisky last night. They were all good. I like Jameson Irish Whisky. One of the guys called it his "Go to whisky." I concur. Justin brought this chocolate flavored stuff that was tasty. That bottle did not survive the evening. Lev brought vodka in a stainless steel bottle. I can't drink vodka. It smells like fingernail polish remover to me. It isn't bad in other things like orange juice and such.

No more cigars. We sat for half an hour last night talking about cigars. We covered the way they make us feel, the camaraderie surrounding them. We covered the legislation trying to make them illegal. We covered cost. Josh also had a story about getting the excellent lighter that we had all used. It was a table top lighter that stayed lit while you lit your cigar. Josh says it was $50 retail. Worth it if you have the habit.

I smelled cigars faintly all day. Maybe it was Josh, down the hall.

No comments: