It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2012-03-02

Privacy

A friend of mine and his wife adopted a little girl. Their second. He wants to have a night with cigars and brandy, or was it whisky? Anyway, I asked if I could video tentatively. I knew those pansies wouldn't want me to. Why do they bother with opacity? They are so frigging scared turning up on line with a drink in their hand. What happens when everything we do ends up in the hands of someone who is not sympathetic with our situation? Well, I suppose that has already happened. Our entire genome will be printed on our foreheads soon.

Oh, what do I care? They have their lives and I have mine. I have things in my life that I don't put up. This is just not one of them.

Just the other day, Google declared all bets off by changing their privacy policy. Now Google can use your information as they damn well see fit. They can gather your information as they damn well see fit and they can sell your information as they damn well see fit. Every single other online company is copying and pasting the text in to their EULA as I type.

Places like Amazon and Apple are setting themselves up for world domination. The only good thing about this is the race to the top will be hindered only by all of the companies banging heads with one another at the finish line.

No comments: