It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2012-03-29

Notes:

I listen to two financial podcasts. One from the U. S. and the other from the U. K.. I prefer listening to them first thing. If I miss listening to them first thing, I don't pay as much attention to them when I do end up listening to them.

One of the users is working remotely from home. She caught a virus or something that routs all her Google links to some Chinese web site that has been translated to English. We ran the virus software and hopefully got it. She wanted to know how it got on her computer. This is a natural question. I wish I had an answer for her. The only secret is that the bad guys really out to get you. Any time you click on something, a link, a button, a window, you open yourself up for manual activation of one of these vicious things. There are ways to infiltrate computers even without user intervention. That is less common. Those are the holes that get closed eventually. Hopefully we got it and it won't be one of those self healing nightmares.

No comments: