It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2012-03-14

Note:

One of the commentators on NPR made a very good point. It looks to him like the Republican party is preparing for a defeat. The purpose is for one part of the party to blame the other part and thus do better in subsequent elections. I have a hard time turning this idea away. Yes, I listen to NPR. I really listen and do not just dismiss them out of hand. Seems like a lot of money to toss down the drain. That is better than many of the employees of NPR do for conservatives.

At exactly what point did you think I was in control of my facilities?

Soggy walk in this morning. I didn't walk on the street today for some reason. Not sure why I had the self destructive streak.

I sit near the HR person at work. I have to tell you, there is a lot more work that goes in to making a company lunch come together than I ever expected. It is more than food and napkins let me tell you. This is just stuff I've heard folks talk about in the hall. I imagine there are reams of info going by in the background as well.

You know, I have a hard time getting worried about national standards of education. The deal is that this is government plowing it's nose one more meter deep in the business of the individual, then charging the individuals in the form of taxes for the privilege. If only there were some way to ensure that once the school system is nationalized that there will no longer be a need for a teacher's union, then I and many others would be on board.

One of the guys at work goes through great panes to swap the caps lock and left ctrl key. I have no idea what advantage this gives him. He swearers it is because he uses Emacs. Not sure I get that either. I typically use the palm of my left hand to press the ctrl key when I need it. I am not a user of Emacs, but it must use the ctrl key for every other frigging thing. That reminds me of WordStar and Word Perfect. They used the function keys and ctrl key combinations to do everything. You needed overlays for your keyboard in the early days to use the programs. When people were good at them, they were very fast.

No comments: