It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2011-08-13

YouTube

I want to make an intro and outtro to my videos. Something extremely short, understated and quiet. Some ideas are bouncing around in my head. I would want to use music from Incometech. That means putting credits on every single video. This is not a big deal to be honest. Most Tubers change their intros and outtro on a constant basis. This will simply be the first round of my efforts.

YouTube sent me an email about becoming a partner on YouTube. I would love to do so, even if I don't get paid very much. Being a partner opens some options. I need to learn how the system works this weekend. This means some homework. It is happy homework.

Something about being a partner I've noticed is the people. Not all of them qualify under the terms that I read. They are in other countries. I suppose the rules are more mailable in Australia and Canada because YouTube wants to make a larger presence in those places.

Why not go for it? All they will do is tell me to go jump in a lake. I'll get hits off that video.

To be honest, I just don't envision myself as winning a shed load subscribers and showing up on the front page of YouTube. I'm not that interesting. I'm also employed. Another thing I've noticed about the high end Tubers, the top rated ones anyway, is they do it full time. That is, they do entertainment full time.

Entertainers

  • The Vlog Brothers are authors.
  • Philip Defranco is a producer of many things YouTube.
  • Shay Carl is breaking in to show business.
  • Charles Trippy has a degree in communications. I don't know where he will end up, but it will be in entertainment I'd wager.
  • Olga Kay is an out of work actress and circus performer. Seriously.

Other businesses

I could go through all 90 of my subscriptions. The people who have monetized make better videos. It takes effort to monetize. It takes time to keep things going. YouTube doesn't want to let just anyone start putting ads on their videos because people would start and account, put up something that YouTube and the advertisers would not like, but would get a ton of hits. Some of the time, the wheels of justice would grind slowly enough to let bad people make money. Thus, the process takes time and effort.

My whole life, I've spent trying to fit in and hide from attention. I'm not really attempting to seek it out here. I just feel the need to do this. It scratches some itch. In other words, I must find my muse, harness my motivation, zingo, moxy and all those other show biz buzz words. If I'm going to stick with the video thing, I got to learn the language lingo.